Hermetic/Epoxy Sealed 38999
HIGH SPEED HERMETIC CONNECTORS
Amphenol Aerospace is offering superior electrical performance plus the rugged design of a glass sealed hermetic connector.
CUSTOM HERMETIC CONNECTORS
Amphenol glass sealed hermetic connectors are available in a wide variety of Mil-Spec and custom configurations.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Leakage rate of 1 x 10-7 cc of He/sec or less
- Fused glass insert in steel shell
- Options include:
- Special flanges
- PC board mounting stand-offs
- PC board mounting tails
- EMI Filtering
- Through bulkhead configurations
- Crimp termination
EPOXY SEALED CONNECTORS
Amphenol epoxy sealed connectors are a light-weight alternative to glass sealed hermetic connectors for use in avionics and other weight-sensitive applications where a high level of sealing is required. Epoxy sealed connectors are an optimal solution when increasingly stringent sealing requirements must be met in radio and vetronics applications.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Same epoxy as used in EMI filter connectors
- Less than 1 x 10-5 cc of He/sec leak rate
- Maintained after temperature cycling, 5 cycles -55 to +125°C
- Custom designs available with lower leak rates upon request
- Available in standard and custom configurations including PC tail, solder cup, and crimp termination, board mounting stand-offs, and thru-bulkhead configurations.
SEALED RECEPTACLES WITH UTS CRIMP CONTACTS FOR BULKHEAD APPLICATIONS
Amphenol Aerospace offers a lightweight 38999 Series III interconnect solution for sealed bulkhead applications. These jam nut or wall mount style connectors offer lighter weights than glass fused steel hermetics. They feature 1x10-5 minimum leak rates when properly installed. This, combined with crimp insertable contacts, allows quick and reliable termination using standard M39029/57 socket contacts. Perfect for those pressure vessel or thru-bulkhead applications.
FEATURES AND BENFITS
- Aluminum shells with Electroless nickel plating standard -Also available in Durmalon and O.D. Cadmium finishes. Steel available upon request
- Accessory threads sized for standard backshells
- Intermateable & inter-mountable with standard 38999 Series III plugs
- Extra thick panel mounting capable – Up to .375 in.
- Crimp termination using Amphenol’s UTS (Universal Termination System)
- Uses Amphenol’s standard “Filter Epoxy Compound” - 40 years of proven
- reliability and experience
- Skydrol and jet fuel resistance inserts, seals and backfill