Ram-Lock with High Power Contacts
Amphenol's Ram-Lock interface is a positive locking, push-pull connector technology that is available across many different product lines.
The single pole Ram-Lock design consists of high current contacts proven for use in high amperage applications.
The single pole contacts used in this series come with many different options, including but not limited to crimp, busbar (lug) or threaded post.
The high amperage and high-temperature contact system, known as Temper Grip, accommodates higher amperage than standard Mil-Spec contact ratings at high ambient temperatures.
The high-temperature "H" class provides the user with a connector solution that can perform to the same temperature rating as high-temperature wires.
Utilizing Amphenol’s new contact evaluation system, we are able to precisely tell you the amperage rating of your chosen connector based on your system’s ambient temperature. Radsok sockets are also available and provide higher mating cycles and lower mating forces for applications up to 257°F (125°C) operating temperatures.
Features & Benefits:
- Capable of up to 500 amps, Ram-Lock is designed with the highest conductivity alloys available to be as close to uncut wire as possible!
- Side-by-side data available comparing to uncut wire and standard mil-spec conductors.
- Straight Plug or Right angle design is available to reduce form factor, contact Amphenol to configure termination.
- Can be packaged with Powerlug & Flexible high temp wire
- Crimp, busbar/lug, male threaded post and female threaded termination available
- Utilizes Temper-Grip contact technology, paired with High Current Pins
- EMI protection & full environmental sealing
Heat Rise: The operating sleeve of the Ram-Lock connector typically runs 15-25% cooler than the conductors inside. Additional sizes can be tested by request. Data set "HCP" indicates typical heat rise of Amphenol's High Conductivity Pin when paired with Temper Grip sockets. Those come standard on Ram-Lock.