12-Channel 10G Copper Rugged Ethernet Switch
Amphenol’s Rugged 12-Channel Ethernet Switch Box is conduction cooled and configurable for system connectivity, speeds, port types, and interoperation with various high-speed media converters and connectors for system interfacing.
Each copper port is capable of 10/100, 1G/10G Base-T. In Amphenol’s state of the art communications testing center, the switch box is aggressively tested at line rates to RFC 2889 for switching and RFC 2544 for L2/L3 performance, latency, packet forwarding, and other key items.
The switch is manufactured using derivatives of Amphenol’s MIL-DTL-38999 Series connectors. These connectors contain standard AS39029 qualified Size 22D contacts and Octonet contacts. Amphenol’s Octonet Contacts are a proven design used in a variety of Military Programs. The Octonet is a Size 8 contact housing (4) differential pair contacts. It is a 100 Ohm impedance, capable of a data rate of 4 Gbps maximum per contact pair. The contact system has been tested and passed all the Qualification Requirements of AS39029 contact.
Features & Benefits:
- 12-Channels of copper 1G/1GBase-T, 16/106
- 28V MIL-STD-704A input module; VICOR MFM and DC/DC mil-spec power supply with hold-up capacitor and in-rush current limiting circuit.
- Built in test functionality for power up, initiated, and continuous operation.
- Host management processor
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM)
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Capable of supporting thousands of virtual local area networks (VLAN) each with its own dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) server for various devices within the VLAN
- Configurable cross VLAN multicast routing
- IPV4 and IPV6 support
- Spanning tree protocol
- Temperature and current monitoring and thermal shutdown in the event of over temperature
- SSH, NTP, PTP, TFTP, secure FTP support
- Custom configuration files
- Web server interaction
- Link status on demand, port counter status, configurable port speed/routing, ARP list, drop report, ping, MTU configuration, LUA configuration
- Power connector, debug connector, maintenance connector – all D38999’s
- MIL-Spec black painted chassis with cold plate external conduction cooling