Matrix MIL-DTL-83723 Circular Connectors
Matrix MIL-DTL-83723 series provides many choices within the range of a medium sized, environmentally resistant circular connector. With three coupling style choices- bayonet, threaded and quick-disconnect - the versatility of this family makes it increasingly popular for panel mount, box mount and line-to-line applications in aircraft. For general duty environmentally resistant requirements, this family of connectors provides a wide range of interconnection solutions.
Features & Benefits:
- Recommended operating voltage to 600 VAC(RMS) at sea level
- Complete environmental sealing includes individual contact seals and a silicone elastomer interfacial seal with raised barriers around each pin, a shell-to-shell seal and an insert-to-shell seal. Sealing over a wide range of wire diameters is assured by a triple-webbed grommet design.
- Captive coupling nut prevents tampering, while a reduced coupling ring ramp allows easier mating
- Incorporates crimp rear release SAE AS39029 contacts in sizes 12, 16 and 20;
- Contact arrangements accept 2 to 61 circuits and use standard qualified rear-release type plastic tools
- Insertion and removal of contacts from the rear of the connector assures no damage to the front that might affect the sealing characteristics
- Grommets are constructed of tear-resistant elastomer and experience no degradation when exposed to a broad range of fluids
- Closed entry socket side of the insert is designed with a lead-in chamfer and a hard face that will accept a pin contact bent within pre-established limits
- MS and Commercial versions available
- Alternate positioning available
- Aluminum shells with black anodized, cadmium or electroless nickel finish options; passivated stainless steel shells are also available
Connector Options - Reference Guide
How to Order Guides
Insert Alternate Rotations
Alternate Keying Positions
83723 Contact Information
83723 Assembly Tools
Includes styles from Pyle National, with proven technology for severe environments in commercial and military aerospace markets.
MIL-DTL-26482 Series II Connectors
Bayonet coupling connector with crimp rear insertable, rear releasable contacts.
This crimp, rear-release high-power series provides an improved alternative to the older MIL-C-5015 solder type.
Backshells for Military & Aerospace applications are governed by SAE, AS85049 standard and Amphenol Backshells are designed to meet the applicable requirement of these standards.