Matrix MIL-DTL-5015 High Power Connectors
Matrix MIL-DTL-83723 series provides many choices within the range of a medium sized, environmentally resistant circular connector. With three coupling style choices- bayonet, threaded and quick-disconnect - the versatility of this family makes it increasingly popular for panel mount, box mount and line-to-line applications in aircraft. For general duty environmentally resistant requirements, this family of connectors provides a wide range of interconnection solutions.
Features & Benefits:
- Recommended operating voltage to 600 VAC(RMS) at sea level
- Complete environmental sealing includes individual contact seals and a silicone elastomer interfacial seal with raised barriers around each pin, a shell-to-shell seal and an insert-to-shell seal. Sealing over a wide range of wire diameters is assured by a triple-webbed grommet design.
- Captive coupling nut prevents tampering, while a reduced coupling ring ramp allows easier mating
- Incorporates crimp rear release SAE AS39029 contacts in sizes 12, 16 and 20;
- Contact arrangements accept 2 to 61 circuits and use standard qualified rear-release type plastic tools
- Insertion and removal of contacts from the rear of the connector assures no damage to the front that might affect the sealing characteristics
- Grommets are constructed of tear-resistant elastomer and experience no degradation when exposed to a broad range of fluids
- Closed entry socket side of the insert is designed with a lead-in chamfer and a hard face that will accept a pin contact bent within pre-established limits
- MS and Commercial versions available
- Alternate positioning available
- Aluminum shells with black anodized, cadmium or electroless nickel finish options; passivated stainless steel shells are also available