Amphenol’s Ram-Lock Push-Pull interface is now available in the 2M family of products!
The 2M Ram-Lock features a positive locking Interface and is perfect for applications where accidental unmating is a concern. Connectors equipped with Ram-Lock offer quick disconnection with peace of mind, as the user must pull on the operating sleeve of the plug to unmate rather than pulling on the cable. Utilizing ball bearings for locking and a traditional D38999 EMI band for shell-to-shell conductivity allows for much more consistent and reliable engagement between the plug and receptacle.
Important Note: Plug and receptacle terminology is reversed compared to 2M804. This is because the user pulls on the operating sleeve to disengage rather than the cable. For example, 2M804-003 is known as a "receptacle", 2M RAM-003 is a "plug."
- Soldier worn equipment
- Electric vehicle recharging
- Battery terminal connections
- In-line power and signal connections
Features & Benefits:
- Push-pull with positive lock
- Quick disconnect
- Visual, tactile, and audible full-mate indication
- Prevents accidental unmating when cable is pulled
- Full environmental sealing and EMI protection
- Lower mate/unmate forces compared to 2M804