High Temperature Series Five Connectors
High Temperature Series Five connectors are the ideal solution for interconnect and electrical wire assemblies near engines, firewalls, and other high-heat sources. Built for applications with higher temperatures such as hypersonic weapon systems, space launch vehicles, and other advanced aircraft, these high-heat connectors are built to operate under temperatures up to 572 °F (300 °C) for longer durations, with continuous duty at 500 °F (260 °C) assured. Using proven high-heat materials such as alumina ceramic inserts, high-temperature elastomeric seals, and much more, High Temperature Series Five connectors can beat the heat.
The heat-resistant High Temperature Series Five outperforms standard mil-spec D38999 connectors under similar high-heat circumstances. Temper-Grip socket contacts come standard to ensure a ruggedized connection even during firewall testing of more than 2,000 °F (1,093 °C).
This high-temperature technology is available for other connector series too, such as MIL-DTL-38999 Series III.
As today's advanced propulsion systems achieve higher-and-higher speeds, the demand for connectors that can sustain high-heat environments has never been greater. High Temperature Series Five is the ultimate solution for high-heat applications that demand durability, reliability, and resistance to extreme heat.
Features & Benefits:
- Withstands exposure at 572 °F (300 °C) for up to 24 hours,
500 °F (260 °C) continuous duty
- Improved resistance to cryogenic environments
Utilizes Temper-Grip socket contacts
- Nickel contacts available with thick gold plating
- One-piece alumina ceramic inserts and high-temperature elastomer seals
- Exceeds firewall performance of MIL-DTL-39999 connectors, up to 45 minutes and up to 2,200 °F (1,204 °C)
- Available in stainless steel and titanium shells
- 20% smaller and up to 50% lighter than comparable